Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Letter To Oprah from Project Peeve's Marta

Dear Oprah,
I will not miss you. You have made me laugh and even made me cry but you have left me substance less. You confuse me Oprah!  I cannot truly like anything I don't understand. Your fans are stay at home moms but you are anything but. You are a very rich, single, woman with no children. And I'm not really sure how your audience relates to you.
Plus, you are the worst kind of person. Always telling people what to wear, eat, and buy. You tell us what movies to watch, what TV shows to record on our DVRs, and what books to read. The thing is Oprah, I already have people in my life like that, and they are called Mom and Dad. I really don't need you.
I've never needed you! I mean sure, you were there when I was sick in bed and stuck watching daytime television. But I didn't need you. I had a built in VCR in my television so I could turn you off and pop in a great movie anytime I wanted. And now I have my handy DVD player. So you see Oprah, I don't need you. We don't need you. You needed us the whole time. But now we must let you go. We have Ellen now. And she doesn't tell us what to do. She just makes us laugh. And that's all we ever needed.
So bye bye Oprah, you shall not be missed.
xoxo,
Marta H.
Co-Founder
Gurrrrrl! Don't be telling me what to read!
P.S. Finally, I can kick the Oprah's Book Club to the curb and say hello to Marta's Better than Oprah's Book Club Book Club!



1 comment:

  1. Oprah can bite my ass. That chick is such a self righteous bitch.

    ReplyDelete