Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Seizure Suzie

Most of my life I have been able to be in control and get the things I want.  But lately, I am at a standstill of being in control.  My brain decided a few months back that it felt the need to reboot itself.  WTF?????  I had a grand mal seizure -a way of your brain shutting down the body & doing a start over.  I thought only computers could be restarted, but, nope, the brain can too.  

I can think of many people who actually need a reset of their brain, Courtney Love, Amy Winehouse, even George W bush, but me???  


CTRL + ALT + DELETE
It has been like being in a bad dream you can’t wake up from.  I spent  5 days in the hospital eating crappy food & having a myriad of tests done to my body to be finally released. My entrapment begins as soon as I stepped out of the hospital.  Did you know they take away your drivers license for 3 months if you have a seizure??  How is one to get around L.A. without a license for 3 LONG months?


And if you know anything about California's DMV, than you know the 3 months is a lie! It takes 45 days for them to review you status following the 3 months license suspension. Then, like a 16-year old or a 90-year old, you need to retake your drivers test. Remember, California is the SAME state that can't seem to get a budget in place until 18 months AFTER the due date. After the 153 days, DMV reviews the reinstatement application a second time, and finally, after an excruciating wait, long enough to send anyone into convulsions, you get your license back. SIX MONTHS later. Fucking DMV!!!  
I despise you, hate you and want to chop you up into teeny little pieces!
Not only do I have to pay your high registration fees, wait in your long lines, but now this too.  If I would have gotten a DUI, I would have had it back quicker.  Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!  


And just in case you think getting a seizure sounds remotely cool, let me tell you about the meds I am on. First, you get an IV of this shit, which feels like acid running through my veins.  I think my veins were swollen for months.  I doubt even heroin swells your veins this much.  And, now I take the pill form of the same crap.  


This medication makes me feel like I should be in a corner drooling on myself while babbling about shit no one can understand, but me.  Without the meds, I have another alternative, another seizure and another 6 months SANS drivers license. If you have never had one, be grateful. You feel as if you are losing control of your body.  Never in my life have I felt like I was going to barf, piss my pants, and shat myself all in the same moment, even on my ugliest drunken night.  If you want to know what it feels like, ask Courtney. I have a feeling she knows. 
grand mal seizure or just another Tuesday night?
Well,l let me tell you this brain, the next time you decide it is time to reboot, I am in control!!!!  

Seizure Suzy


No comments:

Post a Comment