Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Sober Edge



Tonight my Stealthy followers I made a sacrifice. For you! I did a social experiment of sorts and took a look at club life through sober eyes. I must say, it was fun and I of course found an advantage. It was a Slinky Sacrifice as I'll call it because it was risky going in. Last time I was sober in L.A..... well lets just say it wasn't pretty.

A couple friends, *Sean and *Natalia invited me out to a club tonight. For the record, I'm writing this on a Wednesday night (well, technically, a Thursday morning) but it's Veterans Day weekend. One must take advantage of such a Wednesday night when possible!





Sean and Natalia did the whole pre-party thing and I watched as they got plastered before we headed in. As my comrades made their way to the back of the line, I make eye contact with the nearest guy in front the line, *Mr. Handsome & introduced myself. Suddenly everyone in line was my best friend! His *Wingman, the *Girl-friends, even made friends with the bouncer and got us all in (for free of course. Amelie always gets in for free. & so does Raquel for that matter)!

Real bouncers have the "pack of hot dogs" on the back of their heads.

Once my new friends and I were in, things got even more interesting. After dancing a little while, I got offered my first drink of many. *Glasses, who I'd now been dancing with, was determined to quench my pelt. It was hard to turn him down, but his efforts to woo me only increased.

Call after call, text after text, I realized my real friends were still outside. Uh oh, I had to leave the dance floor to find them and I couldn't go out alone, so what do I do? I instinctively slink by a group of people until one guy grabs my arm and asks, "Who are you looking for?" I exclaim with eyes that would put a puppy dog to shame, "I can't find my friends!" So magically I have my own personal navigator with sandy blond, hipster-long hair and *Brown Eyes. My new bff, the bouncer, let my Sean and Natalia in and we continue to party.

It's 2 a.m. The lights are turning on, the music is lowering and people are heading outside. Flyer's of the next events are being chucked toward us from every direction. I strategically make my way over to each of my new follies:  Mr. Handsome, Brown Eyes, Glasses and even a couple of the cool Girl-friends to exchange numbers.

My name isn't Anna, but Shhh, they don't know that!

All in all, I had a great night. It was a nice change of pace to not be so wreck housed that I could maneuver my way through the scene and actually enjoy the time spent with my new friends. It was also nice to be able to easily shovel my drunk-ass friends into the car and successfully take their keys.

No hangover. Less calories. Same amount of fun.

THAT IS THE SOBER EDGE!


~Amelie

Side Note: In no way do I intend to convince anyone not to drink. I whole heartedly encourage all of you to have fun in your own, safe way, however, that way may be. This was simply just an Observation of this particular situation With a Twist.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Amelie, I couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww schucks Amelie! You said I could get in anywhere without paying. A sweeter thing has never been said about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome Margot, I welcome any ideas for future social experiments!

    Raquel, anytime love. Anytime. You taught me the ways of the night.

    ReplyDelete