Thursday, December 2, 2010

SINGLE



It was all friendship, fun, and coffee till Ross got a MONKEY!


Yes I am closing in on 30 and I am single. Not single as in 'not married' or "I just broke up with someone". Single,  single.

As in YEARS since I have been in a relationship. As in 'I don’t date someone for over a month'.  I always get the same reaction when people ask if I am married, have a boyfriend, girlfriend, children, and I say NO!.  They say “WHY NOT?” They are amazed.

As in,  I should be put under a microscope and studied.

Insert in little teeny Taylor pieces and please, study me!

This is surprising to me.  You would think by all those TV shows that have been popular over the last decade like “Friends” and “Sex and the City” that have single people waaaaaaay into their thirties, it would seem perfectly normal to be single.

SINGLE Fabulous...till the show ends when they all get hitched





But it isn’t. And I never know how to answer that question, why? How do I know why?  I have nothing against relationships, marriage, all that good stuff. I just zero patience for bullshit.  And let’s face it, dating is bullshit.  No one acts like who they actually are when they first start dating someone.  I don’t play games and most people out there who are dating do. They have all these stupid rules that aren’t really rules and everyone has their own version of rules.  

DATING RULES:
Don’t call for 3 days
Don’t call for 7 days
Don’t call ever! 
Don’t go out with someone if they call the day of the time they want to see you
Don’t take calls after 11
Don’t call them first
Do call them first.  

It is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that even though I am single I seem to be about a hundred times happier than the majority of my friend who are married or in relationships.  No offense to you guys out there but a lot of you just aren’t worth the headache. I am sure someone out there is, but until I find them I will respond to the “WHY NOT” relationship question with “why are you in one?”

~Taylor

5 comments:

  1. Taylor, being a single woman in my 30's I get the same thing all the time. People can't except that maybe not all of us want to get married and have kids. Not saying that I don't want to get married some day, but why should I rush into it. I actually had a friend tell me that guys are going to start thinking something is wrong with ME if I keep this up. I told him, I don't want a guy then, I want a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by all means let me interject with my own rendition of this topic. Albeit I expanded on it even more and why I don't "date" longer than a weekend. Ladies think they have it bad when American women typically offer up a shit sandwich these days and wonder why I go elsewhere to eat.

    http://dudebro.squarespace.com/relationships/

    -Dom

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mean relationshit's I think Amelie is about to blog about that! You know what pisses me off (as the feminist that I am) Why am I supposed disclose my marketability status by my title? Men are always MISTER, but women go through MISS and MRS and now MS. I think the title should be NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. And don't eeeeeeven get me started on when you are supposed to start busting out babies. My motto is do whatever you want, whenever you want while inflicting the least amount of harm to other humans, animals (except cats) and the planet. -Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...and the sharing thing, did I mention the SHARING? I don't like to share! I never played in the sandbox and didn't play with other kids. My toys were neatly displayed and clean and stored safely and perfectly in a box. Than another kid would come to play and mom told me to share. Lil fuckers would loose shit, break shit and get shit dirty. And than I was expected to pick up after their mess...which is what happens in relationships. Yes, there is a beauty in sharing. There is a growth process and there is pleasure in giving. But don't fucking touch my toys! Which reminds me why I deeply dislike children. But that's another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I really would like to not be single. I am accepting applications, but that's a blog for another time.

    ReplyDelete